Thursday 24 March 2016

Beach Ride

W.A.L.T : Write descriptive writing

Beach ride By A.J


                     Beach Ride


One sunny day I was out on a ride with my best friend Alex and our ponies Burning Flame (Flame) and Willow River Warhorse (Joey) . Flame is a Gorgeous Chestnut Connemara Stallion and Joey is a Rather Pretty Palomino WelshCrossClydie Gelding . “Let’s go to Willow Beach” Alex suggests . “Ok” I reply .  We canter down the woodland trail to Willow Beach . When we get to the beach we unsaddle and sit down to eat the lunch that we had put in our saddlebags . After lunch I take off Flame’s Wintec saddle and Alex takes off Joey’s Stubben saddle and mount bareback and take our ponies for a swim in the refreshing water . The cool water laps at my bare toes . When we get out we put the ponies halters on and let them roll in the warm golden sand . We then realize that they are really dirty and sandy. “Wait , I have a bodybrush in my saddlebags!”I say excitedly . “I have a hoofpick!”Alex says . Once the ponies are all clean we tack up and mount . We canter along the woodland trail again and head back home .


                    The End By A.J



       

1 comment:

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.